RENDEZ-VOUS WINERY & THE SHOP CODE OF CONDUCT
Please remember, we're all in it together :)
As we grow, we feel that it is vital to communicate with everyone what we expect from you and what you can expect from us.
First and foremost, our staff is our family and we ask that everyone please respect and be nice
to our staff. They all work hard to keep RVW growing and are the core of our winery. In addition,
please be respectful of those around you. Please keep conversations or comments that can be
seen as disrespectful or controversial to a minimum or within your own group. We expect others
to do the same for you.
- While we will always do our best to accommodate walk-ins, it is highly recommended to make reservations through our website at our Clarksburg location (https://www.exploretock.com/rendez-vouswinery). This applies to all guests, including CDV members. Making a reservation allows us to be prepared to provide the best service to you. No reservations are required at The Shop in Midtown, with the exception of private parties.
- For members of CDV (Club de Vin), you must use the same email associated with your membership to waive any tasting fees (happens at the last page of check out).
- We will do our best to accommodate special requests for seating (inside, outside, with certain staff, etc.) but cannot make any guarantees. A reservation confirms that we will be able to take your group in for tasting, but due to the nature of our business, some experiences may be standing at the bar if tables are not available.
- All groups larger than 6 must email firstname.lastname@example.org to make a reservation with at least 24 hours notice. We do not regularly have seating for larger groups without prior notification. All groups larger than 6 are required to be pre-paid in advance and include an 18% gratuity that goes directly to your server. We will coordinate with you to create a custom menu that all guests in your group will taste together.
- If more than 1 CDV member is in the group, 6 of your tastings will be waived and the remaining fees will be charged (at a discount) prior to your visit.
- Please do not make multiple reservations with the expectation that your groups will be seated together. We'll try our best but can't guarantee this.
- Your reservation will not begin until your entire group is present. We will gladly check you in and save your table but request that all guests arrive before seating you.
- If you leave your table to get food from the food trucks, your table is considered abandoned after 5 minutes.
- If you are 15 minutes late to your reservation without contacting us, your reservation is considered canceled.
- There is a standard 1 hour time limit on all tables. While we will allow for longer visits if capacity allows, we will need to enforce reservation times if tables for incoming reservations are needed, with enough window to finish your experience.
- Last call for wine tasting flights is 3:45 daily.
- All CDV discounts are only applicable if the member is present. This includes using free tasting and any wine discounts. We do not have "friends of members" or partner in wine for memberships with the exception of spouse/partner within the same billing informaton. We do not authorize use of membership without the member present.
- For multiple Wine Club orders to pick up: While we would love for you to taste all of the wines available, please respect that we are legally limited by the ABC (Alcohol Beverage Control) with how much we can serve in a tasting flight.
- Per the ABC, our tasting flights are limited to no more than 5 oz of wine per person per day. What does this mean? We are legally not allowed to pour more than five (5) 1 oz taste per person. You are allowed to purchase wine by the glass or bottle if you would like additional wine.
- No outside alcohol is allowed on site. This includes beer, liquor, seltzers, ciders, etc. In addition, only wines produced and sold by RVW can be opened or consumed inside our tasting room or patios. RVW wines are only allowed to be consumed in our space and the hallway and Back Grass of the Old Sugar Mill.
- There is no vaping or smoking in our tasting room or patios. There is a designated smoking area in front and in the Plaza Lawn (Back Grass) of the Old Sugar Mill.
- We love that we can be a family friendly destination, however please maintain control of kids while in our tasting room. Do not allow your children to run around as it can be a disruption to others who are visiting. We do have limited space so we may have to turn away strollers if spacing does not permit.
- While we love our 4 legged friends, the Old Sugar Mill does not allow dogs with the exception of certified service animals. Please plan accordingly. The Shop in Midtown is dog friendly and we would love to see you there!
RVW reserves the right to refuse service or cancel a membership if actions on site or online go against
what RVW deems respectful and/or appropriate.