RECIPE YEAR: 2020
RECIPE BY: "BIG STEVE" OSEGUEDA
PAIRS WELL WITH: BARBERA, DOLCETTO
- 1 lb Ground Hot Italian Sausage
- 1 lb Ground Sweet Italian Sausage
- 16 oz. Ricotta Cheese
- 2 lbs Shredded Italian Cheese Blend
- Grated Parmesan
- 3 Jars of Marinara of Choice
- 2 Boxes Ziti Pasta
- 1 Yellow Onion, Diced
- 1 Tbsp Red Pepper Flake
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp Montreal Steak Seasoning
- Salt/Pepper to Taste
- Rendez-vous Barbera or Dolcetto
BIG STEVE'S DIRECTIONS:
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and olive oil until tender. Add both sausages with spices and brown. Add ½ bottle of Barbera or Dolcetto, take a swig. Deglaze for 5 minutes. Add sauce, spices and red pepper flakes. Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta until al dente in boiling salted water. Drain and return to the pot.
- Begin to add sauce to pasta to coat, adding scoops of ricotta and fold into pasta mixture. Add cheese blend and more sauce until fully coated making sure that ziti is not dry!
- Pour into a deep casserole dish, top with more cheese and parmesan. Zap in an oven at 350 for 5 minutes to melt the remaining cheese.
- Feed your neighborhood and prepare for another glass of wine and nap.
CHEF'S NOTE: Steve enjoys a glass of Barbera with this dish and kicks his feet up with a Jack and Diet Coke after dinner. Listen to his favorite Pandora mix of Reasons Radio to jam out with him while you're cooking. He reccomends that you enjoy this recipe with a green salad, rustic pugliese bread, and your favorite people.