HONEY GLAZED SWEET POTATOES
RECIPE YEAR: 2020
RECIPE BY: CHEF JENIFER RAMOS
PAIRS WELL WITH: RENDEZ-BLANC, RIESLING
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 medium yams or sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced thick
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons PURE Spring Blossom Honey
- 1 Sprig Thyme
- Freshly grated nutmeg, to taste
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with 1 tablespoon butter or cooking spray.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of brown sugar in the bottom of the pan. Arrange the slices at an angle, one on top of the other so the tops are all facing up.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the brown sugar and allow to dissolve. Mix in honey and cook until smooth.
- Pour the glaze over the yams and sprinkle with nutmeg, thyme and salt and pepper
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for about 45 minute