NEW GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE
RECIPE YEAR: 2020
RECIPE BY: CHEF JENIFER RAMOS
PAIRS WELL WITH: PRIMITIVO, CHENIN BLANC
- 1 lb Fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 Cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Yellow Onion, thin sliced
- 1 Cup Bacon, cut into thin strips
- 2 sprigs Thyme
- 2 sprigs Rosemary
- 1 Cup Panko
- 1 Tbs melted butter
- Rendez-vous Garlic Olive Oil
- ¼ Cup Rendez-vous Chenin Blanc
- 1 tsp Rendez-vous Chardonnay Smoked Sea Salt
-Blanch trimmed green beans for 1 minute in salted boiling water
- To Blanch, submerged beans in salted boiling water for 2 minutes and immediately put them into an ice bath (water and ice) for 2 minutes to stop cooking.
-Brown bacon in a hot pan until crispy. Remove from pan, disposing of the fat but leaving any bits in the pan. Sweat onions and mushrooms in the same pan with a drizzle of Garlic Olive Oil until onions are soft, about 4-6 minutes. Deglaze the pan with wine. Reduce to au sec (almost dry)
-Add green beans with salt and pepper. Saute for 3 minutes or until desired doneness.
-Toss with bacon and transfer to a casserole dish.
-Combine melted butter, panko, herbs and sea salt and sprinkle over mixture and bake for 20 minutes at 350.