HERB ROASTED CARROTS
RECIPE YEAR: 2020
RECIPE BY: CHEF JENIFER RAMOS
PAIRS WELL WITH: DOLCETTO, CHENIN BLANC
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled & cut into medium pieces or cut into 2 inch sticks
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- ½ tsp oregano (fresh or dried)
- 3 tbsp finely chopped flat-leaf (italian) parsley
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place the carrots in a large bowl, and toss with the olive oil and remaining ingredients.
Spread in an even layer in a baking dish. Cover with foil, and place in the oven for 25 minutes. Uncover, if not tender enough, reduce to 375 degrees and roast for 10 to 15 minutes until tender.
Add the parsley, stir gently, and adjust salt and pepper as needed. Serve hot, warm or at room temperature.
**Chef's Note: These will keep for four to five days in the refrigerator**